Membership

The Partnership for Economic Development in Douglas County (formerly the Umpqua Economic Development Partnership) was founded by four organizations in 2001. These founders remain committed to the mission of expanding family wage employment in Douglas County. Memberships at several levels are available here. An application for membership can be downloaded here.

The Founding Partners are:
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Roseburg Area Chamber of Commerce  

The Partnership reorganized as a 501(c)6 non-profit organization in August 2011, and established a new structure that formally recognizes additional members and provides for the establishment of a member-driven, public-private partnership. Our current members are:

 
Sustaining Sponsors:
 
The Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians is a sovereign entity, recognized as such by the U.S. government. The Tribal mission statement is as follows:
The Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians upholds Tribal Government, protects and preserves Tribal sovereignty, history, culture and the general welfare of the Tribal membership, and serves to provide for the long term economic needs of the Tribe and its members through economic development of Tribal lands. The Tribe encourages and promotes a strong work ethic and personal independence for Tribal members, while strongly upholding the “government to government” relationship with local, State and Federal governments. The Tribe constantly strives to maintain and develop strong cooperative relationships that benefit the Tribe and local community. 
logo 
 
Mercy started with a $12,000 gift from the Roseburg community. That’s the sum the Sisters of Mercy raised to construct Roseburg’s first hospital more than 50 years after the city was founded. The 25-bed Mercy Hospital was dedicated on Feb. 22, 1909, just four months after construction began. It was built on the banks of the South Umpqua River where Douglas County Health Department now stands. Mercy has grown into a sophisticated 174-bed medical center as it has upgraded its technology and expanded its services to ensure Douglas County residents access to state-of-the-art healthcare without having to leave town. Today more than 1,000 employees and 300 volunteers work throughout Mercy. All of them personify the values upon which this institution was built. It is this commitment that has helped Mercy become one of the country’s most highly rated hospitals for patient satisfaction.
  mercy250x250_Mercy1
Vision Sponsors:
 
Founded in 1889, Avista engages in energy production, transmission and distribution, as well as other energy-rated activities. An investor-owned utility (New York Stock Exchange ticker symbol: AVA) with annual revenues of more than $1.3 billion, Avista provides electric and natural gas service to about 481,000 customers in a service territory of more than 30,000 square miles. Avista serves the Douglas County area with natural gas. Avista is headquartered in Spokane, Washington, and has nearly 2,000 employees in five western states. The company’s five strategic priorities are: operational excellence, responsible resource mix, customer orientation, environmental stewardship and community partnership.
 
Formed in 1910, Pacific Power & Light started from several small electric companies and served 7,000 customers in Astoria and Pendleton in Oregon, and Yakima and Walla Walla in Washington. Pacific Power today delivers reliable electricity at a fraction of those 1910 prices to more than 724,000 homes and businesses. Along with a sister company Rocky Mountain Power, Pacific Power has 74 generating plants, including thermal, hydroelectric, wind and geothermal units, more than 61,500 miles of electric distribution line, and 15,800 miles of transmission line. Working closely with the State of Oregon and many local partners, Pacific Power helps communities throughout its territory enhance their economic vitality – attracting top companies and high-paying jobs.  
 
 
Ranked as one of the top fifteen community colleges in the country by Washington Monthly (and tops in Oregon), Umpqua Community College is one of the most picturesque colleges in the country, nestled between beautiful tree-studded hills and overlooking a large bend in the North Umpqua River. Natural volcanic rock and rustic, cedar shake architecture grace the 14 campus buildings located on a 100-acre plot of land six miles north of Roseburg. The college was established by a vote of greater Douglas County residents in 1964. Since its founding as a post-secondary education facility it has grown and changed to meet the diverse needs of the community. More than 15,000 students take one or more classes each year, for a full-time equivalent (FTE) of about 3,000 full-time students. UCC offers local employers customized workforce training and hosts the local Small Business Development Center.
 
 
 
“The World’s Greatest Bank” was founded in Douglas County in 1953.  Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: UMPQ) is the parent company of Umpqua Bank, which is recognized for its entrepreneurial approach, innovative use of technology, and distinctive banking solutions. Umpqua Bank has 184 locations between San Francisco, Calif., and Seattle, Wash., along the Oregon and Northern California Coast, and in Central Oregon and Northern Nevada. Umpqua Holdings also owns a retail brokerage subsidiary, Umpqua Investments, Inc., which has locations in Umpqua Bank stores and in dedicated offices in Oregon.
 UB
 
General Members:
 
 
 
To Join:
The Membership Dues structure is available here.
An application for membership can be downloaded here.
 
Any business, association, or other entity dedicated to the improvement of the economy of Douglas County is eligible to apply for membership.

 

 

 

m4s0n501