Provide Input on Workforce Planning and Development
What can be done to match workforce skills with business needs and thereby enhance economic development in Coos, Curry and Douglas Counties? That is the question that the recently formed Southwestern Oregon Workforce Investment Board (SOWIB) will be asking in its public forums in Coos, Curry and Douglas Counties the week of January 25, 2016.
In the first step of its strategic planning effort, SOWIB is asking for input from the business community and the public input. SOWIB is charged with partnering with business, labor, education and others to create strategies that will enhance workforce skills, increase employment and support economic development.
Tuesday, January 26, at 7:00 p.m., Umpqua Business Center, 522 SE Washington Ave., Roseburg, Oregon.
- Local 2016 business outlook
- UCC will be launching forestry and natural resource programs with other SW Oregon community colleges.
- Roseburg announces internal restructuring around business lines: composites and solid lumber
- Roseburg’s Steve Killgore named Lumberman of the Year
- Women-owned business in Douglas County
- Multiple opinions on proposed Crater Lake Wilderness
- Alternatives to statewide $15/hour minimum wage.
- Oregon business summit – job growth on target, but PERS and tax issues are of concern.
- The Malheur Wildlife Refuge standoff has brought attention to western federal lands disputes. The New York Times presented multiple viewpoints.
Are you looking for ways to build a successful continuous improvement culture at your manufacturing company? In OMEP’s Tools for Conscious Leadership series Senior Consultant John Hunt will equip your leaders with tools to build effective relationships within a consistent, predictable daily management system that drives and sustains performance improvement. February 19 and March 2.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
January 20, 2016 www.regonline.com/EmployerSeminarsDouglas2015-16 Oregon Employer Council Douglas County and Umpqua Community College Community & Workforce Training
Government Contracting Assistance Program training at Umpqua Business Center January 29, 2016. Please email Marta Clifford at email@example.com for more details.
- Lunch & Learn: “Mobilize Your Business: Using mobile devices to take payments, manage payroll, and more”
January 20, 2016, noon, UBC, Free