- Tickets on sale for December 9 RAIN Conference
- Fred Wahl Marine receives key permit
- Hanna Group plans to construct a new hotel
- DR Johnson makes first CLT delivery
- Orenco Systems receives another award.
Training & Workshops
- Small Business Financing Workshop
- Cyber security
- OEC/UCC Training: November 20 BOLI – Workplace Drug and Alcohol Issues
- Hatch Oregon
- Feds roll-out crowdsourcing
Royalty financing from Business Oregon
|RAIN 2015 Conference – 2015|
The third annual Roseburg area Angel Investor Network (RAIN) conference will be December 9. Join us to hear pitches from local entrepreneurs and amazing startups from around that state.
John Stadter, CEO & Founder, First Call Resolution
Michael Coughlin, CEO, BURLEY
|SMALL BUSINESS FINANCING WORKSHOP|
Lenders from SBA, Business Oregon, and CCD Business Development Corp will share information about SBA and alternative capital sources for small businesses.
November 10, 2015. 9 AM to Noon. No Cost
Umpqua Business Center
522 SE Washington Ave., Roseburg, OR
This event is coordinated by UCC SBDC. To keep up on other SBDC events, including a cyber-security “lunch and learn,” (noon, November 18) please check out their facebook page.
|City of Roseburg Tourism Grants-Accepting Applications|
Through December 11, 2015, the City of Roseburg Economic Development Commission is accepting applications for the funding of tourism related projects within the Roseburg area. All applications submitted must fulfill the objective to attract visitors to Roseburg.
Preference will be given to grant applications seeking assistance with out-of-area marketing; financing capital projects related to tourism; and projects that promote tourism from October to May.
|Trade Promotion Support|
Trade Promotion Support
Business Oregon has resources ($$$) to support your efforts to grow your international markets, including visits to international trade shows.
Examples of supported activities include:
- Exhibition at a commercial international trade show
- Participation in an international trade mission organized by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Business Oregon or specific STEP Partners/Contractors
- Web site localization (maximum reimbursement of $3,000)
- Counseling, match-making, Gold Key or subscription to other services provided by the U.S. Commercial Service
- Attendance at export seminars or training provided by the U.S. Commercial Service in U.S. locations (maximum reimbursement of $500)
Market research, lead generation, Web development or other counseling services provided by Oregon’s overseas representatives
|New Business Financing Tools|
Hatch Oregon is a new crowd funding mechanism that allows the sale of equity to Oregon residents (including non-accredited investors). Red Wagon Creamery in Eugene recently raised $120,000 using the Hatch model. Umpqua Basin Economic Alliance will be hosting an informational event on December 15, details coming. To learn more about Hatch, you can visit http://hatchoregon.com/.
New Federal Rules: The SEC released long-awaited new rules on equity crowd-funding. These new rules appear likely to create a new generation of crowd-funding platforms.
Business Oregon has recently announced a new financing mechanism, a royalty-based form of finance. You can think of it as very expensive debt–or very inexpensive equity, but it can fill the gap in between those two categories.
|Douglas County Companies Making News|
Hanna Hospitality VII, LLC have announced plans to build a Hampton Inn & Suites on their property along I-5 in Roseburg, north of their existing property, the Windmill Inn.
Fred Wahl Marine received a permit from US Army Corps of Engineers giving them the go-ahead to construct a new pier and dock on Bolon Island that could lead to a significant expansion for the boat manufacturer.
DR Johnson delivered their first shipment of cross-laminated timber (CLT) to Western Oregon University.
Misty Ross announced the launch of a new lifestyle and travel magazine: Oregon Valley Verve. The premier issue will be published in 2016.
Orenco Systems, Inc., received another honor for a rural wastewater system installation, this one completed in Christianburg, Ohio.