Entrepreneurship & Small Business Resources
RAIN (Roseburg Area Angel Investor Network)
- Applications for “launch stage” equity investment are closed
- Still accepting applications–from Douglas County businesses only–for the “concept stage” business plan competition. Apply here.
- Finalists for both competitions will be invited to pitch at a conference on November 13. The conference will be held at the Danny Lang Center at UCC and will feature a keynote by Zeke Kamm, who has built a business through a series of successful “kickstarter” campaigns.
- Tickets for the November 13 event are now available.
“Secrets to Selling Your Business”
John Anderson will introduce his team of fellow consultants and provide an introduction to key topics, such as: business value optimization, staff succession and ownership/leadership transfer. Practical organizational issues as well as tax and legal questions will be addressed. For more details, see the event flyer .
Umpqua Bank, Roseburg, October 3 and 24, 8 to 9 a.m.
Fall 2013 Industry Tour: October 8, 8 AM to 3 PM.
- Tour Nordic Veneer, Roseburg Forest Product’s Engineered Wood Products plant, and VT Industries. Each of these companies is an industry leader and the tour will focus on their continuous process improvement efforts.
- Register here.
- Industry Tour-Presented by Umpqua Community College SBDC and The Partnership
October 4 is National Manufacturing Day.
NW Supply Chain Opportunities Conference
October 8, 2013, 7:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m., Portland, OR / Register
Learn Supply Chain Best Practices * Meet Northwest Primes and Tier 1 Suppliers
Panel presentations conducted by purchasing representatives from Blount, Daimler Trucks North America, and Vigor Industrial and Marine.
- How to pursue opportunities with primes and tier one suppliers
- Increase local sourcing and develop strategic partnerships
- Discover resources from Innovations in Advanced Materials and Metals (IAM2)
Food Processing: Go to Market Training
Held at the Food Innovation Center at Oregon State University, this full day of sessions begins with an academic presentation on how to prepare for a buyer meeting and will be followed by presentations from industry peers on how to sell to distributors, specialty food stores, supermarkets and food-service.
Food Innovation Center / Oregon State University / Portland, OR
Friday, October 25, 2013 | 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Advocate for a Healthy Local Economy
The Oregonian recently editorialized that a solution to the O&C lands issue is critical to rural Oregon’s future. Healthy Forests, Healthy Communities is a non-profit organization supporting Congressional action on a comprehensive and permanent solution to restore the health of our rural counties and federal forest lands. They are working to build a contact list of folks for this grassroots effort. For more information, visit the website: www.healthyforests.org .
Check out the Facebook page “No Medford Casino” for information about the proposed casino in Jackson County.
Local Businesses in the News
Umpqua Dairy wins yet another prize: this time for their cottage cheese at the World Dairy Expo.
E Business/Rogue Nexus
Celebrating eBusiness in Southern Oregon. Trade show featuring Rogue Valley E-Businesses. E-Xpo provides a great opportunity for the world to see what the E-People in Jackson & Josephine Counties are up to. Keynotes by Skip Newbury, Tech Association of Oregon and Emily Harris, Partner Marketing Manager, Google. October 25, Medford.