FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
FALL INDUSTRY TOUR
Roseburg, Oregon September 25, 2013
The Partnership (For Economic Development of Douglas County, OR) in cooperation with Umpqua Community College is sponsoring a Fall Industry Tour.
This event is being held in conjunction to the Second National Manufacturing Day, for more detailed information regarding this day please visit: www.mfgday.com.
The Douglas County manufacturing workforce includes over 4,000 people and is one of the key drivers of the local economy. Although the manufacturing sector is somewhat more diverse today than in prior decades, about 65% of those employed in manufacturing continue to work in wood products manufacturing.
The 2013 Fall Industry Tour highlights three of those wood products manufacturers. Participants will have the opportunity to see the transformation of a raw log to veneer, and see that veneer used to produce finished building products. We will tour Nordic Veneer, Roseburg Forest Products’ Engineered Wood Products Plant (EWP), and VT Industries.
- Nordic Veneer, Inc. is a locally-owned manufacturer of veneers. The family has deep roots in the local wood products industry and operates a high-speed operation with advanced, mechanized peeling processes.
- Roseburg Forest Products’ EWP. The Engineered Wood Products plant is RFP’s most modern manufacturing facility in Douglas County and manufactures a variety of modern building products in a highly-automated fashion.
- VT Industries, Inc., is a professional manufacturer of quality commercial wood doors, laminate countertops, stone surfaces and other crafts with beautiful design. The VT Industries operation in Green serves the Pacific Northwest.
The tour will take place on Tuesday, October 8, 2013. For more information regarding the tour visit: www.uedpartnership.org/home/industry-tour/ .
Deadline for registration for the tour is Thursday, October 3, 2013
This is the fourth in a series of semi-annual tours. The first three were:
- Central Douglas Advanced Manufacturers (FCC Commercial, Con-Vey, and Orenco Systems)
- Distribution Centers (PureBulk, Ingram Book Company, and WinCo Foods)
- Food Processing (Umpqua Dairy, Norris Farms, and Henry Estate Winery).
All of the tours have been provided in conjunction with Umpqua Community College. Transportation is being provided by UCC.
The tours are intended to be an educational and business networking opportunity. The concept is modeled on an award-winning program developed by SOREDI of Jackson and Josephine counties.
The Partnership for Economic Development in DouglasCounty, formerly known as the Umpqua Economic Development Partnership, was established in 2001 to be the lead collaborative economic development organization in the region. The Founding Partners were: the City of Roseburg, Roseburg Area Chamber of Commerce, Douglas County Industrial Development Board, and CCD Business Development Corporation. www.uedpartnership.org
For more additional information please call:
The Partnership for Economic Development in DouglasCounty
(541) 492-2820; (541) 974-8066 (cell)
Nordic Veneer, Inc.
Director of Marketing
(541) 679-0330 x 201